Hi, I am Rossana

I am a Educator and a Counselor. I first started practicing Mindfulness in 2001, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I was working as a general manager at Teledata Ltda and facing the joy and the stress that corporate life can bring about. In January of 2001, a tragic life event contributed to a emotionally imbalanced moment. I found mindfulness to be a source of equilibrium in my life. Later on, I moved from Brazil to the United States, and decided to further my education. Yet, I continued practicing Mindfulness and looking for support in mindfulness communities and retreats. In 2013 I took part in a 13-day retreat in Vietnam, where I was extremely moved by the changes Mindfulness can bring into one’s life and into the world. In the US, I got my second undergraduate degree, this time in Psychology. After graduating, I went on to pursue my Master’s degree in Counseling and Education from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. While in school, I initiated the training to become a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction® certified professional and instructor. I am very interested in developing and implementing mindfulness interventions with children and adolescents.