Hi my name is jesse

Hello everyone- my name is Jesse Bercowetz.
I live in Brooklyn, NY and have been making art here for a long time… I make large-scale sculptures out of a variety of everyday materials, found objects, construction materials, food, human hair…the more unfamiliar I am with the material the better! I also write poetry and make artist books.

If your interested please check out my site: jessebercowetz.com

Born in Boston, raised in Kentucky and took baby steps to NYC via Indianapolis and Chicago.

I’ve been meditating for 7 years. I belong to the Dharma Punx NYC Sangha. The teachings are a modified version of Insight based on Theravada tradition with a lot of psychology and neuroscience woven in. I am also studying to become a Chaplain at the NY Zen Center for Contemplative Care and NY Theological Seminary…

I am a hospice volunteer, make art with homeless and chemically dependent people and mentor immigrant artists.

I spent a year in S.E. Asia researching Spirit Houses, visiting monasteries, tattoo masters, prisons and a lot of other stuff… I will never forget the people I met on my travels!

I hope to ride a bicycle across America and a horse across Mongolia and visit with shamans…

Just Finished Atul Gawande’s book " Being Mortal" and “The Irresistible Revolution” by Shane Clairbourne. Two very different books one questioning death denial in America and the latter addressing greed in America. Both books focus on delusion…