Introducing a contemplative artist

Hi guys,

I’m Alma, I teach contemplative art in a course I’ve put together integrating meditation and artistic creation. My most recent workshop was in Melbourne Australia at TheContemplary.org which also features my artwork in their logo, website and identity. I’m now building an online course on contemplative Art which will be available on my website PeaceAndMind.org.

I’m now trying to meditate most part of the day and spend a few hours working on my artwork which is related to my meditations. I need to live with a small income to be able to do this, so I was happy to discover this fellowship and I hope I can get a scholarship to attend a retreat in NY with one of my dharma teachers.

I recently did one month retreat in a theravada Monastery and a week long retreat in a Tibetan Monastery and now I will be in semi retreat. I have been studying and practicing theravada and Mahayana and Dzogchen with b. Alan Wallace, Vajrayana, Mahamudra and Dzogchen with Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche (and brothers) and some Zen with a Korean master.

I’m also interested in education, I have a masters in psychology and a certificate in educational psychology and another one on Cultivating Emotional Balance. I would like to create programs that help students, teachers and parents.

My first career was as an architect, later I studied visual arts. One of my dreams is to design and build a retreat center that offers programs on meditation, art, psychology and yoga. I don’t have the money to do it right now but maybe someday I will.

Right now I work on ink painting and digital illustrations.

If you want to see some of my artwork go here:

Looking forward to connect with same minded people :pray: :slight_smile:

Greetings Alma,

Many thanks for posting your introduction to the Fellowship Community page! Please post more if you see fit and I am glad you have many retreat opportunities in your life. This is fortunate.

Hemera Foundation: Fellowships Manager
Sean