Mindfulness in the classroom

I have begun teaching mindfulness in earnest for 6th & 9th graders at Taos Academy Charter School. The experience has been enlightening and empowering. My students are receptive and cooperative. They share positive experiences.

I am posting this in hopes of receiving the Inner Explorer Classroom Kit. Gratefully awaiting response.

I am so happy to hear that you are teaching Mindfulness in your classroom. Are you doing a daily mindfulness practice with your students? We have found, and research seems to increasingly support, that daily practice is key for the most successful outcomes.

You mentioned the receptivity of your students. We continually hear from our teachers that students, once they experience mindfulness on a regular basis, will request practice time and even teach their families the practices at home as they recognize the value in reducing stress. In fact, it’s one of the reasons we created a Parent Tune-In feature so that parents and caregivers can follow the same practices that their students do in the classroom. This further strengthens the bridge from school to home.

Unfortunately, all the licenses through the Hemera grant have been issued. However, please feel free to contact me at lgrady@innerexplorer.org and we can discuss other ways for you to get a license for your classroom and/or school.

Thank you for posting on the site. I hope you will continue to post about your experience with mindfulness in your classroom. We have a mission of ten million mindful children and teachers like you help to make that a reality.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication as a teacher.

With gratitude,
Lisa