Profile in Washington Post

Hi all,
My name is Joe… Recently the Washington Post profiled my work in Appalachia with community colleges in the weekend magazine. (link below.)

What is not mentioned is how contemplative practices helped me move to a greater place of compassion and humility. I wanted to share this because it seems particularly germane to the Hemera community members.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/a-liberal-entrepreneur-set-out-to-help-west-virginians--and-got-a-lesson-in-humility/2018/01/17/f6b0f5ac-e40b-11e7-a65d-1ac0fd7f097e_story.html

I think you my find it interesting. Please feel free to reach out to me jkapp@resourcedev.org

Peace

Thank you for sharing this epic journey. I’ve recently hitched my wagon to a coworking/incubator entity here in Carbondale, CO, mere miles but light years away from Aspen, CO. As an entrepreneurial organization seeking to spark economic development in our rural non-chichi community, these lessons you’ve shared are valuable. Thank you for sharing your hard fought lessons and successes