The first ever festival of Buddhist experimental film and performance- FORCE OF STILLNESS: Embodying Meditation in Creative Practice

Hello and I hope you are doing well!

I wanted to tell you about a new project I’m working on entitled FORCE OF STILLNESS: Embodying Meditation in Creative Practice. I’m very excited to be curating this project- the first ever festival of Buddhist experimental film and performance!!! It’s going to be at the Rubin Museum on November 4th and 5th of this year and I hope you will be able to make it to the show- I’m sure it’s going to be an amazing event.

The general curatorial vision of the festival is to show film and performance which is manifesting meditative expression. All of the artists chosen are long time dedicated meditators and feel that their Buddhist practice is a great support for and influence on their creative work.

I have an incredible line up of artists, including Trinh T. Minh-ha (my special invited guest), Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Bernadine Mellis, Zach Layton, Vanessa Anspaugh, Elizabeth Phelps Meyer, Mazen Khaled, Zhang Huan, Laura Vitale, Bill Viola, and Babeth VanLoo, among others.

The Rubin has been really enthusiastic about having the festival there, however they are not providing any financial support for it. So- I’m raising all the money myself.

If you can check out the kickstarter campaign https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1081353062/force-of-stillness-embodying-meditation-in-creativ/posts/1603860 and feel moved to make a contribution, that would be amazing. Any amount at all is a huge gift of support for this work. Also, maybe you know others who would be interested in this show, and please feel free to share the campaign with them. There is a facebook page for the festival too! https://www.facebook.com/performingabsence108/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

I have five more days to go of this kickstarter campaign and with 112 beautiful backers having generously supported the project already, I only I have $4006 more to raise this week. With your help I think I can do it!!! Please consider joining your support with this project!
Best wishes,
Amber

Please feel free to be in touch with any questions! amberbemak@gmail.com

Great a date shall we try to catch up Love Gay